Saturday, July 26, 2008

the Internet access story

this is the first time for me to write on my blog from my house. Why? because I didn't have internet access but now you have. It is something very silly, I mean we are in 2008 and I don't have internet. It is linked to the political situation of Gaza Strip. let's get back a bit to the near past, specifically 1 and half year ago; I moved with my small family to our new house which we just finish its first floor. I settled and start applying to get a telephone and an internet access as well. Suddenly, things changed, Hamas took over and controlled Gaza Strip. Due to that, every single window for Gaza to the outer world was closed. Sometimes I thing that even the birds have to get permission from Israel to enter Gaza (luckily they don't have to). So, since that time, no materials entered Gaza (except food and some basic needs) and my internet connections required some poles and cables that were and still missing from the local market. Therefore, I waited for more than one year until I managed to buy a wireless antenna device and put it in my friend's house (which is nearby my house) and then I got the signal and the internet. It cost me some money but I'm happy to have the internet in my house without waiting til the Israelis allow the drags, oh sorry, I mean the needed materials for living and having internet to enter Gaza..

No comments: