Saturday, July 5, 2008

Ordinary Working Day

It is just an ordinary day of work. I came to the office today but I was a bit late due to the transportation crisis that is linked to the fuel crisis of course. It took more than one hour to reach the office. Any way, I arrived to the office and started my work in a classic manner. We had a small general meeting. All departments and colleagues joined it. Before preceding more on the work stuff, I will explain a bit about our work and organization as well. Our organization is an international humanitarian NGO that provide relief for people whom are suffering due to natural disasters or manmade crisis (war zone for example). Our organization is called Action Against Hunger International Network ACFIN. It was found in 1979 in Paris. It has developed to have 4 Main or HQ offices allover the world, each HQ covers relief operations in different parts of the world. The four HQs are New York HQ, Madrid HQ (which covers relief in Palestine), London HQ, Canada HQ, and the mother HQ in Paris. We provide relief through two core programs, Water & Sanitation program and Food security program. I like my work because it has a humanitarian face. Besides, I receive good salary and I get good experience and knowledge towards improving my abilities. Furthermore, my entire career will have an international touch which everyone wish to have.
That's it for now.....

No comments: